Monday 9 May 2011

Circadian Blegh

Since I was a child, as my parents will attest, my natural rhythm has been to sleep during the day and be active at night.  I very easily and quickly fall into a pattern of this nature.  Needless to say the rest of the world stubbornly refuses to fit in with my natural rhythm.  Once in a cycle, though, it is pretty hard to break out of.

Last night I decided that the only way to do it was to tough it out and get up early this morning, and stay up.  I did manage to get out of bed and crawl to the bathroom hoping a shower would revive my tired body.  It certainly did help, but that warm bed looked at me, so invitingly, it required a good deal of willpower to resist it.

In order to keep myself awake, I did what any sensible person should.  I took the child to school and then stopped off to get a vegetable curry pie.  Nothing like curry in the morning to rev you up.  I think it helped, although I have a feeling I will need to keep the Rennies close at hand. 

I'm off to tackle Home Affairs this morning.  Let's hope I can maintain my equilibrium, especially given that I feel like a fish out of water being awake in the daytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment