Thursday 20 January 2011

Menopause Madness

Sometimes when you hear women tell you their stories about menopause you might think to yourself they are exaggerating.  It is only when you experience these symptoms firsthand that you realise just how much they understated the matter.

As if the hot flashes are not bad enough on their own (and it's like living in your own little tropical zone let me tell you), there are the mood swings.  I turn from a relatively nice person to the devil in yoga pants.  It is a surprise that my wonderfully forgiving and long-suffering husband has not seen fit to divorce me.  I'm a total cow sometimes, and my fuse is exceedingly short.

I eat a diet high in soya, and soya is supposed to help somewhat with menopausal symptoms, so I wonder how bad it would be if it wasn't for the soya.

The worst is that this can go on for the next ten years.  Urgh.

Somebody rescue me from this menopausal madness before someone murders me.

No comments:

Post a Comment