Sunday 28 October 2012

Study blues...

And so it is that exam season is upon us.  This time is easily discerned in our household:  the teenager is shrieking about something (what she's actually freaking out about is the looming Geography or Accounting, or whatever, exam).  I can be found studiously working on tasks that have absolutely nothing to do with MY looming exams.  I've done family trees, installed Windows 8, tidied my desk a bit, and studied a grand total of one section of my sociology book thus far.  Hmmm.


It's not that I don't love learning - I do!  It is one of the greatest gifts of our time that education is something we can choose, and we don't need to remain ignorant peasants forever.  My study of History, Anthropology and Sociology (with a little archaeology on the side) has widened my horizons and changed my thinking patterns in some ways.  What it is is the slog of knowing you have an exam in 12 days time, and ensuring that you are prepared for any question, trick or otherwise, that may be thrown your way. You just don't want to...ugh.

But that degree is looming in sight, and every subject I pass is another step closer to the thing I have worked so hard for all these years.

Onward and upward!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure the best blog entries also come from having to study ;) You capture the unwillingness and procrastination so well it made me relive my own exam blockages!

    Btw I still think exams are evil. There are much better ways to test knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How would you test people, Hannere?

    ReplyDelete